Search:

Search VTCouponer: Search Google:

Monday, April 4, 2011

My Grand Union Trip 4/3/11

I've really been enjoying the 5/$19.99 meat deals at GU these past weeks.  I've been picking up my 5 every week (give or take) and have quite the stock in the freezer!  I love the steaks, stew beef and 90% hamburg I can get for much cheaper than I would pay even on sale.  They had a few other good deals this week too, so here's what I got:

Tropicana Pure Premium orange juice - $1.99 X2
$1/2 doubled
final price - $.99 ea

V-8 V-Fusion juice - 2/$5
$1/2 doubled
final price - $1.50 ea

Keebler Sandies cookies - 2/$5
$1/2 doubled
final price - $1.50 ea

Heluva Good cheese bars - $1.88 X2
$.50/1 X2 doubled
final price - $.88 ea

then I got two good sized steaks, big package of chicken tenders, a 90% hamburg, and a package of stew beef for $19.99.  Oh, and two packages of bakery clearance donuts for $1.19 ea.  hehe  I wanted the Smart Balance milk that was on sale for $3.29 and has a $2/1 coupon out right now, but there was none to be had... and I'm wondering if they carry it at all since there was seemingly no spot on the shelf for it, so I grabbed a store brand milk instead.  Final tally at GU:

Total Grand Union before savings - $52.80
Total Grand Savings - $9.80
Total Coupon savings - $8.00
Total savings - $17.80

Final OOP - $35.00

Not bad as I would have spent that $35 on meat alone (possibly even more) in the past.  We really needed the juice too, DD goes through it like crazy!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment