Search:

Search VTCouponer: Search Google:

Sunday, October 3, 2010

My Shopping Trip 10/2/10

Trip this week was a whirlwind trip at the crack of dawn! LOL We had plans to go to a family cider press on Saturday and the only way I was going to get shopping done was to go as soon as I got up at 5:30 AM, or do it when we got home that night. Needless to say, I knew I would be waaaay too pooped after a long day pressing cider outside, so I went as soon as I got up. LOL Since Grand Union doesn't open until 7, I only hit Price Chopper (24 hour store for me here), and Walmart (opened at 7 AM), yesterday then raced home to get the family ready to head out. I'm only listing the PC trip this week as Walmart was just diapers, wipes, bottle liners and Goldfish crackers, no coupons or deals. Here's the Price Chopper run down:

Captain Crunch cereal - BO @ $4.19 GO Free
used $1/2 doubled - minus $2
total - $1.10 ea

PF Chang's dinners for two - $7.99 X2
used $2/1 X2 - minus $4
total - $5.99 ea

Carolina rice - $2.89
used $.50/1 doubled - minus $1
total - $1.89

PC steambag veggies - $1 X5
PC apple juice - $1.88 X3
CM Mandarin oranges - $1.09 X2
used $5/10 PC or CM products - minus $5
total - $.78 ea

Danimals Crush Cup yogurt - $2 X3
used $1/1 X3 doubled - minus $6
total - FREE

Grande tortilla chips - 2/$5
used $1/1 X2 doubled - minus $4
total - $.50 ea

Arnold breads - 1/2 off ($2.09 ea) X4
used $1/2 X2 doubled - minus $4
total - $1.09 ea

Dole fruit bowls - $2.69 X3
used $1/3 doubled - minus $2
total - $2.02 ea

Stouffers toasted subs - 4/$10
used $1/1 doubled - minus $2
total - $2 ea

Kraft salad dressing - $2 X4
used $1/2 X2 doubled - minus $4
total - $1 ea

Kibbles n Bits dry dog food, 20 lb bag - $9.99
used $2/1 and pet doubler - minus $4
total - $5.99

Total Price Chopper trip before AdvantEdge and Coupons - $188.74
Total items - 55
AdvantEdge savings - $37.50
Coupon savings - $37.00
Total savings - $74.50

Total OOP - $114.24

Final OOP was higher than usual, but I also didn't split it between 2 stores this week. There were some better deals on things we needed at Grand Union this week, but since I skipped them due to not having enough time, I think it all comes out in the wash. Also got a few items that I usually don't get at PC, like beer and dog food, and I also got the chicken drumsticks deal for $1.39/lb and the ground beef deal for $1.99/lb, so there was more meat this trip as well. But we'll get at least two meals out of the chicken, and SIX meals out of the hamburg. It all comes out in the wash! :)

AND my wonderful aunt and uncle that hosted the cider press we went to have an AMAZING garden at their house that they are trying to clean out before frost hits and destroys everything, so we left there with not only 2 big jugs of fresh cider, but a big bag of winter squash, tomatoes, jalepenos, serranos, cukes, celery... all for free! We had a truly wonderful time visiting with family, great potluck meal with all kinds of delicious offerings, and incredible smoked ribs and beef brisket from my uncle. It was an out of this world, perfect fall day in Vermont! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment