Search:

Search VTCouponer: Search Google:

Saturday, November 13, 2010

My Shopping Trip 11/13/10

Another budget shopping trip this week. The total budget for food this week was $50, and for once I came in under! LOL Hit two places, the Discount Foods store and Price Chopper. Here's the deals and steals at both:

Discount Foods:
2 lb bag of onions - $1.19
2 pk garlic cloves - $.79
King Arthur flour, 5 lb - $1.99
used $.55/1 - total: $1.44
Masa corn flour, 5 lb - $1.09

So total out of pocket was $4.51. YAY!! LOL I was a little worried that the flour was going to be cheaper at PC with a doubled coupon, but it wasn't, so I made the right call. Oh, and $1.09 for the Masa is fantastic!! Mix the Masa with water and make your own tortillas. I can say I've never bought about 3 - 4 dozen tortillas for $1.09! :)

Price Chopper:
Hood sour cream - $1.99 X2
used $1/1 X2 doubled
total - FREE

Kibbles & Bits dog food - $4 X2
used $1/1 X2 doubled
total - $2 ea

Pillsbury quick bread mix - $1.66 X4
used $1/2 X2 doubled
total - $.66 ea

Meow Mix cat food - $4
used $1/1 doubled
total - $2

SunSweet bite size prunes, bag - $2.99
used $1/1 doubled
total - $.99

Also got 2 gallons of milk, 2 dozen eggs, 2 pouches of Betty Crocker brownie mix, 2 jugs of PC apple juice, a package of chicken legs and thighs ($.99/lb!), 4 Empire apples ($1/lb!), and 5 lb bag of PC white potatoes.

Total Price Chopper trip before AdvantEdge and Coupons - $57.94
Total items - 21
AdvantEdge savings - $9.39
Coupon savings - $15.98
Total savings - $25.37

Total OOP - $32.57

Not bad if I do say so myself! :) A whole week of dinners for under $40! Granted I have pork chops left over from last week's $1/lb sale, and a beef smoked sausage that we will be using this week for dinners, so that helped. And ANOTHER week I'm really looking forward to all our meals. Soup and grilled cheese, pork chops withe rice and a veg, red beans and rice with sausage and eggs (and homemade tortillas!!), bean soup with rice and more tortillas (I LOVE the tortillas, can you tell? LOL), egg salad sandwiches, fried chicken with mashed taters and a veg, and gallo pinto. YUMMY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment